Otley Sailing Club was formed in 1958 and at that time sailing took place at Knotford Nook near the Otley to Pool road. With no possibility of expansion at that site, the decision was taken in 1976 to move the club to its present location on Weston Water. Access to Weston Water involves crossing through Otley Cattle Market and the Hanson quarry site.
Over the years and with the encouragement and assistance of the AMEY Roadstone Corporation (ARC), now Hanson, we have continued to improve and develop the facilities available to members.
Our sailing lake now covers an area of 27 acres with an average depth of 6 metres.