DI Training Course.
Candidates must be available for all course dates.
First session (5th March) will be Pre-entry assessment
Final session (20th March) will be the course moderation
Friday evening sessions will be theory, weekends will mainly be practical (on water).
To be eligible for this course, you must:
- Be 16 years of age before 20th March
- Hold an OSC AI Certificate
- Have an advanced module (eg: seamanship or sailing with spinnakers)
- Have a current RYA approved first aid certificate
- Hold a level 2 Powerboat certificate
The cost of this course (to the club) is around £300 per person. The committee have agreed to subsidise the course such that the candidates will initially all pay £150 before the course commences and following 12 months of volunteering as a DI at OSC, the committee will refund this amount (at the discretion of the Senior Instructors).
(Sorry to have to impose this but we have, in the past, paid for DI training and subsequently never seen the DIs again!)
Any questions, please contact me: email@example.com or 0775 953 9028